Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 17:06:18 +0400
From: Solar Designer <>
Subject: inadvertent OpenMP 3.0 dependencies

magnum -

I think it is desirable for our code to also build with compilers that
support only OpenMP 2.5, but not OpenMP 3.0+.  One of these is gcc
versions 4.2.x and 4.3.x.  (OpenMP 3.0 is available starting with gcc
4.4, as far as I understand.)  Another is EKOPath 4:

inadvertently introduced a dependency on OpenMP 3.0 here:

+       unsigned int i;
+#ifdef _OPENMP
+#pragma omp parallel for
+       for (i = 0; i < count; i++) {

In OpenMP 2.5, the loop variable should be signed.

I think you could want to run:

fgrep -A2 'pragma omp' *.c

over the tree and see if there are any other inadvertent uses of
parallel loop variables other than plain (signed) int.  Then change
those to int.