Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 13:31:55 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: 1.7.8-jumbo-6-RC* on Mac OS X

I absolutely cannot explain the crash behavior on the non-mmx build (and
ONLY on that build) for cygwin either.  The -O0 is not the fix, it likely
just rearranges code during startup, to not trigger the bug.

The bug only seems to appear, when actually running a file.  -test runs work
without problem.

I'm moving on, but will keep this on the back burner, and see if I can dig
into it at a later date.

Jim.