Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 12:17:27 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: pkzip format released.

I am working on this a little. Performance gains etc.

However, I AM changing the hash line format.  I am adding the compression
type for the ascii data, and for the full blob data.  This is needed to know
if it is type 8 (deflated), or type 0 stored.  It makes a huge difference if
I try to inflate a stored blob, lol.

I have also added ability to build with a 'zip-debug' flag set.  In
debugging mode, if valid sees a $pkzip1$ signature (the new formats
signature), but valid is not met, a message will display to stderr, telling
what 'part' of the validation failed.  This hopefully should not be an
issue, now that I have zip2john working (well, I will have to add in the new
fields).  Before, when I was hand making the hashes, it was a pain if they
did not load.

The current version does work, but hashes created right now, will have to be
re-done (so do not spend too much time building a library right now).   The
changes should be uploaded in a few hours, I hope.

Jim.

From: jfoug

It is up on the wiki (I also did another trivial patch).

The pkzip format handles properly legacy encrypted files.  Also modified
zip2john process to build the hash.

[ CONTENT OF TYPE text/html SKIPPED ]