Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 07:11:19 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Lukas's Status Report - #8 of 15

Lukas -

On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 09:52:51PM +0200, ?ukasz Odzioba wrote:
> -Installed Win7+VS+nSight
> -Created Md5-crypt cuda revision 1 (+17% c/s
> http://kaims.pl/~ukasz/gsoc/md5-crypt_chart.html)

That's a curious chart.  Am I correct that with your current code the
speed is limited by memory bandwidth and/or latency?  This would explain
the speed reduction with longer passwords, with each and every length
increase.

> -Created Sha256-crypt cuda revision 2 (+14% c/s)
> -Finished Sha512-crypt cuda revision 0 (4794 c/s)

Is this for rounds=5000 or for another number (maybe a mix of them)?

> -Implemented sha1 on gpu as part of pbkdf2
>
> This week:
> -Upload new revisions to wiki (asap).

Apparently, you haven't done that yet?  I see no SHA-512 stuff there.
Yes, please upload ASAP, with proper license in the source files.

> -Finish pbkdf2
> -Start MsCash2

Sounds good.

Thanks,