Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 21:05:44 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: gecos vs prepare()

I have noticed some formats will use hash data as candidates in single
mode. I suppose this has always been the case but I only noticed it
after Jumbo-5 and prepare().

For example, NETNTLMv2 will use the server challenge hash as if it was
GECOS data.

How can we improve this? Could we have prepare() do something to either
just "mute" this from being used, or better yet, have it "point out"
what fields may include good data for single mode?

magnum