Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 03:25:49 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 1.7.7-jumbo-6

Dhiru, Jim, magnum, all -

Here's a short description of the changes.  Please let me know ASAP if
you see any errors in it.

John the Ripper 1.7.7-jumbo-6 is out.  This release integrates
preliminary support for several non-hashes, implemented under Dhiru
Kholia's GSoC 2011 project.  Specifically, it supports cracking of
OpenSSH's passphrase-protected SSH protocol 2 private keys,
password-protected PDF files with 40-bit and 128-bit RC4 encryption, and
some password-protected RAR archives.  At the same time, it integrates
support for password hashes of SybaseASE (also by Dhiru), hmailserver
(by James Nobis), and MediaWiki "B" type (by JimF).  As usual, we've
added many minor enhancements as well.

Thanks,

Alexander