Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 09:08:22 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 1.7.7-jumbo-6

On 2011-06-08 05:08, Solar Designer wrote:
> Trailing whitespace (lots of it in Dhiru's files) was deleted again:
>
> sed -i 's/[[:space:]]$//g' `grep -l '[[:space:]]$' *.[ch]`

There are a number of lines in those files starting with a weird mix of
space/tab too (I only know because git bitches about them all the time).

Also fwiw I get new compiler warnings for a couple of files:

rar_fmt.c: In function ‘set_salt’:
rar_fmt.c:94:8: warning: ‘saveptr’ may be used uninitialized in this
function
drar.c: In function ‘process_file’:
drar.c:127:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
drar.c:132:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
drar.c:140:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
drar.c:148:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
drar.c:154:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result

The first one is easy, I assigned NULL to it on declaration when I had a
look at rev 2 of the rar patch. The rest I haven't seen before, maybe
they came with rev 3. Similar to ones from JtR itself that you said is
fixed in CVS iirc so hopefully also easy fix?

More important (but not urgent) is this: I just noticed the user
settings for ETA threshold and date string format are not being read
from john.conf when you do a "./john --status". It will instead use the
default date format of %c and the default ETA threshold of 0.05%. I have
confirmed my cfg_get_param() calls are made but they doesn't seem to
work. It's no big deal for these two settings (I believe the progress
percentage is not even stored with decimals) but I need to find out why,
because this may apply to other things I plan to make configurable. Any
ideas?

Oh, and I too get the double free's when using OMP, using libssl 0.9.8o.

magnum