Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 12:19:57 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: John 1.7.7-jumbo-5

I am FAR from tied to the changes I made to many formats to get J-5 properly
working on the Sparc64 system.  If all that is involved is to tiny_alloc an
aligned buffer at the start of self test, and then to memcpy from the data
return of fmt->binary() into this buffer, and doing this removes the crash
problems, then I will look at making that change, and rolling back the
changes for the alignment crashes I was getting.  I do not have any time
today to look into this, and to test the roll backs, but if this gets john
to work properly, and keeps the original requirements (which there were no
requirements), then I am all for it.

Jim.