Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 11:57:28 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Jumbo-5-RC3 released:  was Jumbo-5 RC1 released

RC3 of jumbo-5 released.   This RC3 has these changes:

1. fixed bug in NT format.  It has to do with too much buffer being cleaned up after the password was added (unless the buffer was the 8x buffer in the 64 bit SSE builds).   For 32 bit SSE/MMX or a nonSSE build, this gets about a 10% performance improvement as a side effect.  The bug was showing up on 32 bit builds, where the tstall was listing 1190 or so passwords being found for NT (but only on 32 bit).

2. did some porting so john again compiles properly in VC for me.  Zero impact for any other builds.

Jim.

PS: I am not sure if I posted notify about RC2, but it was the jumbo-3-RC3 patch put into jumbo-5.  This was the md5_gen 'build' problems for non-SSE builds.