Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 12:30:01 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Jumbo-5 RC1 released

I just posted Jumbo-5-RC1 to the wiki. These are the changes from
Jumbo-4-RC1:

* Optional UTF-8 conversion support for the following formats: NT,
mscash, mscash2, MSCHAPv2, mskrb5, mssql, mssql05, NETNTLM, NETLMv2,
NETNTLMv2, oracle, raw MD5 and sapG. Alain's optimisation for NT that
made Unicode over U+2000 unreliable (when using the assembler code
versions) is now reverted - and we are still faster than before.
* Boosts NT with 10% (the speed for UTF-8 is also greatly improved in
this release)
* Boosts NETHALFLM to almost twice the speed (plus fixed prepare(), it
wasn't even working)
* Boosts NETLM to over 450%
* Boosts NETNTLM to well over 300% and adds support for ESS C/R packets.
* Boosts NETLMv2 and NETNTLMv2 with almost 50%
* Boosts MSCHAPv2 to well over 300%
* Adds the MS kerberos 5 PREAUTH [mskrb5] format, with fairly
competitive performance for non-GPU, single-core (*and* it has OMP support).
* Adds a 'thick' MD5(unicode(p)) format [raw-md5-unicode]. This will be
replaced with a 'thin' format in the future.
* Adds OMP for the following formats: mschapv2, mssql, all the net*lm
formats.
* Adds configurable ETA time format in john.conf.
* Adds the "auto-formats-list" patch, greatly reducing future clashes
between format patches.

This is pretty well tested on 64-bit and 32-bit Linux. The mskrb5 format
currently crashes on self-test for the linux-x86-64-32 test targets but
this *seems* to be something with my OpenSSL distro and not the format
itself. Please report your own experience if trying a 64-32 build.

Not tested on big-endian but it is "supposed" to be taken care of.
Please report any success or failures running on big-endian.

I'm done now, nothing in the pipe unless someone finds a bug to fix.

cheers
magnum