Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 12:17:17 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: crypt-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Yuri's Status Report - #13 of 15

Hi Yuri,

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 02:56:37AM -0300, Yuri Gonzaga wrote:
> I don't know what happened but I am still unable to connect to remote
> machine to work with m501 board.

Sorry about that.  It's DEFCON/BlackHat time for David. ;-)

> So, I couldn't try more to get JtR compiled

This is not entirely true: you could/can try to setup a similar
development environment on your own Linux system and get past the
compilation errors.  You won't be able to actually run and debug the
code, at least not fully, but you'll get it to compile.  Then when you
get access to the remote machine again, you'll proceed with running and
debugging right away, without having to spend time to fight source code
compilation issues.

> and running with even one single core of eksblowfish loop.
> In the same way, I owe you the patch to help me to solve this problem.

Yes, and you should be able to produce that "patch" on your own computer.

Alternatively, if you like, I may setup a Linux system for you to access
remotely.  You'll need to install Pico's development stuff on it (you
got a copy of it, right?)  It won't have an FPGA board in it, but you'll
be able to get stuff to compile, or show to me how it fails to compile.
Please let me know if you'd like to proceed with this approach.  Also,
please let me know what Linux distro and version was installed on the
machine David provided you with access to.  Perhaps we'll want to use a
similar one.

Note: you won't need to install Xilinx ISE there, nor Pico's FPGA board
drivers.  Just the development libraries (that talk to the drivers).

> I gathered 4 cores with manager to synthesize but I am getting the following
> error (in Xilinx ISE).
> Maybe David can say anything about that.
>
> ERROR:PhysDesignRules:2399 - The GTXE1 comp
> > PicoFramework/core/pcie_2_0_i/pcie_gt_i/gtx_v6_i/GTXD[0].GTX has
> >    POWER_SAVE[4] set to an unsupported value and must be set to 1. Please
> > see Answer Record 39430 for more information.

Yes, this will need to wait for David's comment, unless you figure it
out on your own (please try while we await David's response).

> As soon as possible, I want to keep working on JtR integration.
> Meanwhile, I can try to validate multicore on pico e101 running another
> piece of software than JtR.

Sounds reasonable.

Thanks,

Alexander