Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 05:11:55 +0100 (BST)
From: "David A. Holland" <dholland@....linux.org.uk>
To: xvendor@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: "going public"

 > > 1. Whos actually on the list?
 >
 > There are currently 40 subscribers, not counting robot addresses for the
 > list archives (local, Gmane, MARC).  Most of these people may represent
 > various Linux distribution vendors (10+ of them, including several major
 > ones), but some may also represent other projects and companies (both
 > Open Source and not).  I'm not sure if it's appropriate to make the list
 > of potentially represented projects and companies public, because people
 > were not granting the list admins that right as they were joining.
 >
 > Let me use this opportunity to ask - does anyone (of the current list
 > members) have any objections regarding me publicly mentioning their
 > project or company (as derived from the domain name) as being
 > "potentially represented" on this mailing list?  If so, please let me
 > know (private e-mail works fine).
 >
 > Also, anyone (who's currently on the list) can feel free to let me know
 > the specific project and company name(s) that they represent, along with
 > authorization to mention those next time this is brought up on the list.

I don't represent anybody in particular (and it's not clear if I'm
even really here, tonight just happened to be the first time in months
I looked at this mailbox) but I have no objection in principle. Which
is easy for me to say. :-)

While (AFAIK) I'm still nominally netkit maintainer, I haven't had
any time to deal with it in ages.

--
David A. Holland       dholland@....uk.linux.org