Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 13:11:52 +0100
From: John Spencer <>
Subject: Re: raspberry PI kernel compile

will cunningham wrote:
> I'm trying to build Sabotage on a Raspberry PI version B inside Raspbian.
> It's failing at compiling the kernel with the log reading,
> "error: need to set ARM_ARCH to 4-7"
> and the next line,
> "cat: can't open '/src/KEEP/linux.config /src/KEEP/linux.config.armvl' : No
> such file or directory"
> There is a linux.config.armv6l file in /src/KEEP so it seems I need to set
> ARM_ARCH=6 somewhere?

since ARM platforms usually need a ton of device-specific tweaks and
patches, it is currently not possible to use the vanilla sabotage kernel
for any arch but i386 and x86_64.
please follow your device vendor's kernel compilation guide to compile a
  kernel specifically targetting your hw platform, or use an existing
compiled kernel.
(you can use musl-cross cross compilers to do so, or via chrooting into
a sabotage rootfs natively on the device)

the linux.config.armv6l is outdated and not tested on anything else than