Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 13:24:56 +0100
From: John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de>
To:  sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: changing/fixing the tarballs in the butch

will cunningham wrote:
> Saboteur Friends,
>
> I'm having problems with some of the tarballs not downloading properly.
> Before asking my specific question, I ask this more generally, how do I
> replace a .tar.gz file with one already in butch, or fix incongruities
> between the pkg file and the tarball?
>
> I'm guessing to first check the tarball is at the address, then download it
> and check if the file size is accurate and if so do the sha512 again on the
> tarball and change the pkg file to match.

the tarball is checked against filesize and sha512, correct.

> I have a few apps that are making a .tar.gz.wip, that is a .wip added
> apparently with size 0.  My assumption is to download the tarball and fix

maybe the tarball was deleted from the mirrors ? you could check by
manually using wget with the URL and see if it returns a 404.

> the pkg file as above, and then to notify you guys of the discrepency?
>
> How are you making the sha512?

with sha512sum.
note also the utils/dlinfo.sh script which downloads a tarball and spits
out the boilerplate for a pkg.

--JS