Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 12:22:13 +0100
From: John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de>
To:  sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ALSA lib errors. conf.c and dlmisc.c

Henrique Lengler wrote:
> Hi, another error,
>
> When my system boot or when I try to do anything with alsa, I get
> this error message:
>
> ALSA lib dlmisc.c:142:(snd_dlsym_verify) unable to verify version for
> symbol snd_config_hook_load
> ALSA lib conf.c:3328:(snd_config_hooks_call) symbol snd_config_hook_load
> is not defined inside (null)
> ALSA lib conf.c:3788:(snd_config_update_r) hooks failed, removing
> configuration

i remember running into this half a year ago after the alsa update and
it was discussed and analyzed on IRC.
apparently it was forgotten to create a workaround at that time.
i created an issue for it now:
https://github.com/sabotage-linux/sabotage/issues/285
until we come up with a proper fix, use

DEBUGBUILD=1 butch rebuild alsa-lib

to rebuild alsa. it will work afterwards since that way it won't use the
CFLAGS that break the dlsym lookup of alsa's bogus versioning symbols.