Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 16:17:07 -0600
From: will cunningham <willpanther@...il.com>
To: sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Building kernel and bzimage to UEFI

Hey Henrique,

I'm also just cutting my teeth on Sabotage, but I just did what you're
trying for my own install.  Here is what I did for compiling my own
Sabotage kernel:

Make sure you have the Sabotage built to the point of Core using butch, so
after Stage0 done do butch install stage1 kernel core.
Then changeroot into the sabotage directory with ./enter-chroot;
Instead of /usr/src/linux, as many distros do, the kernel is in the linux
directory, in last night's buld it was linux-3.14.2.  In that directory do
your standard make menuconfig and after customizing the kernel to your
liking, again the standard make && make modules_install.
Then copy the new kernel, in my case in arch/x86_64/boot/bzImage into the
/boot directory.  If you copy it as vmlinuz, you don't have to then change
the extlinux.conf file, but if you use a different name, including leaving
it as bzImage, you'll have to changel vmlinux to that name.

Then you're good to go.

While that worked for me, others please chime in if there are problems with
that as a generic way to do it.

HTH,

Will

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Henrique Lengler <
henriqueleng@...nmailbox.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to setup sabotage, and I want to customize and build the
> kernel, but I don't know how to do this in sabotage.
> I am a gentoo and UEFI user and the main customizations I do in the
> kernel to have my system working are:
>
> - Enable CONFIG_EFI_STUB support
> - Enable Built-in kernel command line,
> that I use to fix a sound card problem and to set the root partition.
> - Enable wifi card ath9k_htc driver
> And some other customizations...
>
> Also to make UEFI boot work I enter arch/x86_64/boot and I copy the
> bzImage to /boot/EFI/boot/. So my system boot as a UEFI system.
>
> The problem I don't know where this folder stay in sabotage and I can't
> find anything in the web.
>
> So can you guys please help to reach the kernel configurations, and tell
> what to do after my customizations?
>
> After learn, I would like to write more documentation to help other guys
> like me.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Henrique Lengler