Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 18:50:54 -0500
From: will cunningham <willpanther@...il.com>
To: sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: starting Sabotage project/booting off the hard drive

Thanks guys.  I'll look at all of this.  It'll take a few days to go over
all of this, as I can only do it between things in the office(I start
something compiling etc and then check it several hours later, the next day
etc)

I'll probably try a couple of these approaches to understand what's going
on here.  I'm already learning more about what actually goes on in a Linux
OS just getting this working than more pre-packaged/slick distros where
I've become basically a quirks expert.

Thanks again,

Will

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 6:03 PM, John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de>
wrote:

> Paul Schutte wrote:
>

>> If you are "really" lucky it will boot and work, but I suspect not. You
>> need the right drivers for your hardware.
>>
>> I use an image and kernel from Ubuntu
>>

> rather than doing it the lazy way by simply reusing a mainstream kernel,
> we should look to get the stuff people need into sabotage's kernel.
> in the worst case that means bisecting the diff between sabotage's kernel
> config and the one spit out by "zcat /proc/config.gz" on the ubuntu kernel
> until the right config item is identified.
>
> btw, it's actually pretty educative to do a git log -p KEEP/linux.config
> to study previous modifications/additions to the kernel config.
> in general we tried to keep the modifications minimal and document the
> changes properly in the commit messages.
>
> --JS

Content of type "text/html" skipped