Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 05:27:23 +0200
From: John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de>
To: sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
CC: Paul Schutte <sjpschutte@...il.com>
Subject: Re: socklog

On 09/16/2013 09:05 PM, Paul Schutte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do you guys think we should add this to sabotage:

feel free to fork sabotage on github, add new stuff and open pull
requests whenever you feel the need for a new package.
(but please read the contributing section in the README before).
sabotage development happens mostly on github, not on the maillist.
you also get a quicker reply if you open an issue there.

> http://smarden.org/socklog/
>
> It ties in nicely with the runit system that sabotage uses.
>
> It provides /dev/log for programs that need it and other logging
> complimentary to svlogd.

are there cases for which svlogd is insufficient ? if yes, which ones ?