Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 17:03:11 +0200
From: Ivan Kanakarakis <ivan.kanak@...il.com>
To: sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bootstrapping

An update. Using rofl0r's fork I've made a couple of
changes to the scripts, and will be pushing to github.
many broken links for packages again.
Also as seen in the comments of utils/utils, busybox
wget is _really_ buggy.

rofl0r is using `butch`to build stages. butch is called
by `./build-stage 0` and should be called directly (as
`butch.bin install stage1`) from into the chroot, from
what I can tell.
I've also updated the COOKBOOK for this.

I couldn't build stage1 again. gcc4 fails with a nasty
error. I lost the log, dah, but it's basically this:

    error: Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES

here's some related references:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2008-03/msg00515.html
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gcc.help/35381
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gcc.help/36631

I'll look more into that later.

I'm also concerned about building stage0 as non-root, as
all the directories and files are owned by my user, and on
chroot, the owner:group is 1000 (uid of my user).
I think that caused things like tar erroring with "short read"
when tarxf tried to extract already downloaded tarbars.

--
*Ivan c00kiemon5ter V Kanakarakis *

Content of type "text/html" skipped