Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 17:08:51 +0200
From: Ivan Kanakarakis <ivan.kanak@...il.com>
To: sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Bootstrapping

hi there,

I've seen this project some time now, and I got some free
time so I thought, I'd try it. I went with the bootstrap option.

both stage0 and stage1 failed. Some adjustments are
needed to get everything compiled.

for stage0:
binutils failed because a header had a mismatching definition.
string.h by musl had the following

    char *basename(char *);

while binutils-2.21.1/libiberty/strsignal.c wanted

    char *basename(const char *);

before I get to stage1, the cookbook said after the chroot
one should cd to /tmp/src/sabotage, while the correct path
was /src/sabotage.

for stage1:
busybox wget segfaulted
zlib and git links were broken
zlib just needs a the new version
I can't see git archives on kernel.org anymore

I downloaded those by hand and placed them on /src to
get things going

I am now building stage1 but I already had problems once
another header mismatch for gcc on the definition of psignal

libiberty/strsignal.c was

    psignal (int signo, char *message)

while that char needed to also be const

    psignal (int signo, const char *message)

stage1 is now rebuilding. I will let you know how it goes.
I'll probably set up a repo on github and push any
changes I make.

I believe the scripts can be improved, for example
not having to rebuild everything from scratch once
an error occurs.

thanks

--
*Ivan c00kiemon5ter V Kanakarakis *