Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 06:45:43 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: mac os x 10.2

Tom,

Sorry for the delay, -- I was hoping that someone more knowledgeable
in Mac OS X would help you out, but apparently this list is too small
(just 70 subscribers currently).

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 11:19:59PM -0800, Tom Broadbent wrote:
> i am attempting to compile popa3d on mac os x 10.2.
>
> i don't see a /etc/shadow file, and i do see a /etc/pam.d file.  this
> leads me to believe that pam is used and shadow passwords are not.
>
> however, both shadow.h and the security/*.h files are missing from my
> dev tools include dirs.

This sounds like a lack of development libraries installed on your
system.  You can probably get them installed.

Alternatively, considering that OS X is rather BSD'ish, you can try
compiling with AUTH_PASSWD and it might just work due to getpwnam(3)
accessing the right password database.  Of course, you won't get the
flexibility of PAM in this way, but you may not need it for your
particular install.

Please post to the list once you have tried that.

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar@...nwall.com>
GPG key ID: B35D3598  fp: 6429 0D7E F130 C13E C929  6447 73C3 A290 B35D 3598