Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:59:05 +0200
From: Tim van Erven <tve@...mig.net>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Virtual Domains

On Wed, 15/10/2003 14:56 +0200, Philipp Jacob wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> probably this is a more exim-related question, but
> I hope someone can help me anyway, due to the
> fact someone experienced the same difficulties.
>
> Referring to the pop3-ssl Howto written by Tim van
> Erven I set up the system and the popa3d-part works
> well.
> Now my problem is to get exim to deliver into the
> right 'virtual' mailboxes, like popa3d manages this
> coordination through the /etc/valiases file. The name
> of the mbox file is not related to the local_part of the
> mail addresses, so that I can't use the ${local_part}
> variable in the exim config.
>
> The preferred way would be, that exim uses the same
> file like popa3d, the /etc/valiases.

/etc/valiases is a file I introduced in that HOWTO that is *only* used
by exim.  Popa3d never looks at it.  You can use the valiases file to
redirect mail to a different address.

If this doesn't help to clear things up, please provide an example of
what you're trying to accomplish.

--
Tim van Erven <tve@...mig.net>          Fingerprint: F6C9 61EE 242C C012
OpenPGP Key ID: 712CB811                   36D5 BBF8 6310 D557 712C B811