Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 04:54:48 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Built In SSL Support

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 01:01:01PM +1000, Daniel wrote:
> I'll take the limited response I've got so far as a *no*.

That's a wrong interpretation.  I simply didn't get around to replying
to many non-urgent e-mails and mailing list postings until the weekend.

> Open Standards are important of course.
> Maybe it's time for RFC 1939 to progress onwards or move out of the way.

RFC 1939 is mostly fine.  There're other RFCs which define various
POP3 extensions.  I don't think there's any need in having them all
defined in some new RFC which would obsolete RFC 1939.

> Perhaps studying the Apache mod_ssl implementation
> would be a good start. Non-GPL code is the way to go.

You're taking your anti-GPL'ism to the extreme.  GPL doesn't prevent
you from reading GPL'ed source code, quite the opposite.  To say that
GPL'ed source code is generally lower quality than BSD-copyrighted, as
you might imply, would be wrong.

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar@...nwall.com>
GPG key ID: B35D3598  fp: 6429 0D7E F130 C13E C929  6447 73C3 A290 B35D 3598