Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:31:26 +1000
From: "Daniel" <email@...vatecage.com>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Built In SSL Support

Hi,

Are there any plans to progress popa3d with inbuilt support for SSL?

I don't want a stunnel solution, or an VPN type solution.
I'm looking for a simple secure solution that has inbuilt SSL support.

Plain text transmission of passwords seems a very old
concept, not to mention insecure. And most modern email
clients support (or should support) SSL.

OpenBSD ships with popa3d by default. It seems abit
strange to me that an o/s that boasts about it's security features,
ships a pop3 daemon that doesn't provide SSL support out of the box.

I recognise the security features of popa3d in regards to process execution
etc. but I think inbuilt support for SSL is also crucial.

hotdiggedydog (Daniel)
[ www.thebsdwindow.com ]
[ www.privatecage.com ]