Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 11:26:12 +0100
From: Daniel Leite <dleite+popa3d@....pt>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: popa3d with Postfix

On Sat, 24 May 2003 15:03:48 +0300
Emil Ungurean <kawa@...link.ro> wrote:
> nothing happens, I mean yahoo's mailserver doesn't seem to connect to my
> mailserver at all (looking at syslog). Is this a pop3 thing or I should look
> elsewhere? When I try to get my mailt trough kmail via pop3 it sais "no new

	you need to learn a bit more about how email works before putting
	a mail server in the net

	here is a "weak" definition for this both protocols:

	pop3 is a server->user mail transfer protocol
	smtp is a server->server mail transfer protocol

	its not totally true, but its close enough 8)

	so if you cant get email in the server by smtp, pop3 cant
	do anything about

	try to read some documentation about SMTP, how its linked to
	DNS, what are openrelays and how to avoid then
	most MTA howtos explain a little about how the SMTP works
	(by the way, MTA is Mail Transfer Agent, sendmail, postfix, qmail
	and all others SMTP servers)

	its important that you learn a little about SMTP because its a
	important service that not only afects you if its badly configured
	but also others (specially if you setup a openrelay = open door for
	Spam to the world)

	have fun 8)

higuita