Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 02:56:52 +0200
From: Gösta Jonasson <gosta@....se>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Why "Didn't attempt authentication"?

I've just installed Postfix and Popa3d on my server running Crux/Linux 2.4.20.

I have a small question:
I just get the error "Didn't attempt authentication" when I try to start
popa3d, why? What goes wrong when popa3d tells me that?
I looked at the code but I'm not an expert so I didn't understand what
authentication popa3d mean.
I have a "popa3d" user but maybe I made some mistake along the way.
And where does popa3d find the mails? I mean
some systems have it in /var/mail others in /var/spool/mail etc...

Thanks a lot for ANY help!