Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 05:33:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dan Hollis <goemon@...me.net>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Handling the 'DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA'
 message?

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 03:37:46PM -0700, Dan Hollis wrote:
> > Has anyone wrote a patch for popa3d to skip over the 'DON'T DELETE THIS
> > MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA' that uw-imap creates in mailboxes?
> This has been asked for once, but I don't know of an existing patch to
> do it.
> It's not hard to do, but I clearly wouldn't want to complicate popa3d
> with a hack like this, especially given that I see very little use in
> combining popa3d (with its security as the primary goal) and uw-imap
> (with doesn't care about its security) on one box.  This is not the
> only IMAP server out there.  For example, you might want to look at
> http://dovecot.procontrol.fi

The problem is we would like to migrate our system from uw-imap to popa3d,
but unless it ignores/deletes the imap message, we cannot migrate. That's
the show stopper preventing us from using popa3d.

There does not seem to be straightforward way to remove the imap message
from all 10,000+ user mailboxes on the system (and i think, uw-imap isn't
the only thing that writes these too... some mua's like pine write it..?)

How much complexity would it add to popa3d?

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]