Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 22:25:40 +0500
From: Boris Kovalenko <boris@...net.ru>
To:  popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Possible memory leak?

Solar Designer wrote:

>On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 09:41:16AM +0500, Boris Kovalenko wrote:
>

>>Solar Designer wrote:

>>>This memory is really not freed anywhere, but the spool path may be
>>>needed for almost the entire lifetime of the process from that point
>>>on anyway.  So this is not a bug, this is intentional.
>>>

>>Hmmm... What to not do it in pop_root.c?
>>

>And why do it?
>
>Common sense first.

May be I'm wrong but all memory allocated by xalloc functions should be
freed before the process exit to prevent memory leak. May be this
requirement has no need with new libraries? Please point to apropriate
documentation if I'm wrong.

>You've added complexity for no gain.  (And you've missed #if POP_VIRTUAL
>so there would be even more added complexity.)

Right. I've added mo compexity and it will (and should) be more with #if
POP_VIRTUAL
But see before why I did it.

>>Also, the same code we may use in standalone.c when fork'ed. Isn't?
>>

>But there's really absolutely no need for all that!

Why???

Boris