Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 17:28:47 -0600
From: James Olsen <jamesml@...netolsen.com>
To: Daniel Leite <popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re[4]: Question about using popa3d and stunnel

Hello Daniel,

DL>         do a create there a hosts.deny file with the line
DL> ALL:ALL

DL>         then create the hosts.allow file and put there this
DL> pop3s:all
DL> imaps:all

I added the above configuration to the specified files in my chroot'd
directory, however I'm still getting the

========================
Dec 23 17:05:24 www popa3d[1923]: Didn't attempt authentication
========================

Messages in the logs. This happens with not only my regular email
client, TheBat, but with Eudora 5.2 as well. I would try the one that
you mentioned earlier (sylpheed claws) but I don't have access to a
linux machine with a GUI desktop.

I also then tried Outlook, which seems to have "authenticated" okay
and downloaded the messages. I'm not completely sure it went through
stunnel and non the regular pop3 port, but it should have given the
configuration. Grrrr.

Any ideas what might be hanging Eudora and TheBat up on getting pop3
connections through stunnel? I noticed I get similar messages trying
to SMTP through stunnel (port 465)?

I'll post messages to the TheBat/Eudora mailing lists to see if anyone
else has had similar problems.

Thank you again!

--
James