Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 12:24:19 -0600
From: Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey@...dmark.org>
To: passwords@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: GDPR

On Jun 5, 2018, at 11:20 AM, "e@...tmx.net" <e@...tmx.net> wrote:

> it's mission is to increase the profit of the govt.
> and also squeeze in CENSORSHIP under the guise of
> the "right to forget" (part 3 article 17)
> if you are a corrupt minister you enjoy "the right to forget"
> cool! isn't it?

In addition to specific limitations on the right to erasure, I am very doubtful that it includes things that have legally been published.

Here is something I wrote on Quora about that.

https://www.quora.com/Is-the-right-to-be-forgotten-antagonistic-to-accountability/answer/Jeffrey-Goldberg?share=77fa99d6&srid=Oq9b

I’m not familiar with an expert or official statement to that effect, but I’m fairly confident that I’m broadly correct.
Content of type "text/html" skipped