Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 13:33:55 -0400
From: Scott Arciszewski <scott@...agonie.com>
To: passwords@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Am I Overlooking any Practical Attacks?

On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 1:25 PM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> I don't know what 10k most common passwords you're referring to, but
> passwdqc with default policy does not accept any of RockYou top 10k:
>
> http://openwall.info/wiki/passwdqc/rockyou
>
> It does happen to accept 4 out of RockYou top 30k, but those 4 are:
>
> j4**9c+p
> #1hottie
> Lets you update your FunNotes and more!

​Hi Alexander,

I was referring to this post by Mark Burnett from 2011 and the subsequent
lists released: https://xato.net/10-000-top-passwords-6d6380716fe0

I also wasn't aware that he released a follow-up with 10,000,000. :)

Scott Arciszewski
Chief Development Officer
Paragon Initiative Enterprises <https://paragonie.com/>​

Content of type "text/html" skipped