Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 23:28:19 +0200
From: Per Thorsheim <per@...rsheim.net>
To: passwords@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Chocolate first, then ask for passwords

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2016/05/13/want-to-keep-your-password-safe-give-up-chocolate/

FINALLY a research paper instead of all those highly subjective little
experiments conducted by companies with products to sell about the
age-old "give a person a chocolate, and they will give up their
password" usually ending up in an article at least I find hard to put
any trust into.

Now remember, as the paper says, FIRST give chocolate, THEN ask for
their passwords. They feel more obligated to do it after a small gift,
such as chocolate.

I would really like to see more research like this, preferably from the
psychology side of research. CMU? Jeunese Payne? Angela Sasse? Any others?

--
Best regards,
Per Thorsheim