Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 11:52:57 +0300
From: Anton Dedov <adedov@...il.com>
To: passwords@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Mandatory password changes - DIEDIEDIE!

Hi!

I believe risk analysis for a service was meant:
1) Value of account the service provides
2) Does it implement enough compensations aside of password complexity
enforcement

As I understand it - requiring users to have long/super-strong passwords
for a sites like Pinterest or Pocket might be overkill. So leaving user
chance to choose any password according to perceived value of account but
implement all other compensating security means, like online guessing
protection and proper storage might be good choice for a service
implementation. But the same might not be true for services like email,
blogs, etc. And there are services that must have 2FA for critical
operations...

--
Anton Dedov

Content of type "text/html" skipped