Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 16:18:23 -0400
To: passwdqc-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: passwdqc min= and enforce= should be quick questions

So on some newer systems we are using passwdqc via pam.d.

The (not actual) settings are:
min=5,5,5,5,5 similar=deny enforce=everyone

Based on the man pages: with the above min settings, a password like
passw should work. (unless I'm reading the man pages wrong).
pam/passwdqc doesn't allow that, and I'm assuming that's because of
the enforce=everyone directive. My question is, HOW passwdqc enforces
passw is NOT a strong password.

Thanks in advance,
Dave