Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 17:25:27 -1000
From: cpb <cpb@...ny.log2.net>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Owl VZ templates cannot rebuild themselves?

Hi everyone, I am probably doing something wrong, but I was trying to
rebuild the Owl-current (20150801) templates from themselves, and I had
a problem: the owl-startup RPM couldn't be built because it has a build
dependency on libpopt-devel-static, which is not installed inside the
template.

libpopt-devel-static is not mentioned in installorder.conf, so...it
doesn't get installed that way. I don't know how it got installed in the
ISOs! Maybe an rpm -Ivh * was run instead of make installworld?

It's easy to cure, but (1) I don't know if there's really a problem and
(2) I don't know what way is the "best" cure. Thanks for listening.

Chris Bopp, Honolulu, Hawaii