Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 19:47:27 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: "make check" glibc 2.21: Test suite failed

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 07:39:15PM +0300, gremlin@...mlin.ru wrote:
> 3. Set up basic build environment in your home directory:
> mkdir -p ~/RPM/{BUILD,ROOT,RPMS,SOURCES,SPECS,SRPMS,tmp}
> cat > ~/.rpmmacros << __RPMMACROS_EOF__
> %_topdir	%homedir/RPM
> %_tmppath	%homedir/RPM/tmp
> %buildroot	%homedir/RPM/ROOT/%name-%version-%release
> __RPMMACROS_EOF__

BTW, we have rpminit(1) in our rpm package to do the above.

NAME
       rpminit - create private RPM package build directories

SYNOPSIS
       rpminit

DESCRIPTION
       rpminit  is  a  script that will setup a set of private directories for
       building RPM packages as the current user.  The directories are created
       under  ~/.rpm.d/  and  their  use  configured by the script via ~/.rpm-
       macros.

FILES
       ~/.rpm.d/
       ~/.rpmmacros

HISTORY
       rpminit first appeared in Openwall GNU/*/Linux 1.1.

Alexander