Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 16:19:37 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: MySQL w/cmake: anyone tried packaging for Owl?

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 04:05:25PM +0400, croco@...nwall.com wrote:
> > On 09/02/2013 04:34 PM, Solar Designer wrote:
> > >cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/desired/target/dir
>
> BTW, I can confirm now that this doesn't work: the RPM is created
> successfully, but after installation the configuration files contain the
> file names such as /home/joe/.rpm.d/buildroots/mysql-5.5.33/usr/bin/mysql
> and the like, and certainly all the mess can't start, as the files are
> installed to /usr/bin, not /home/.../buildroots/.../usr/bin

OK.  Thanks.  I am no cmake expert.  I merely used this approach to
install some cmake-built software into my home dir, which obviously does
not trigger the problem you observed.

> There's one thing I refuse to understand.  MySQL is used heavily around the
> world, so there must be a lot of people who run into this trouble.  What
> the hell is going on in this world if such a problem remains unaddressed?!

I'm not convinced there's any unaddressed problem here.  For example, I
guess this spec file works:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/mariadb.git/tree/mariadb.spec

As to cmake, I would prefer not to have a build dependency on it too,
but distros do bite the bullet (and some like it) and get the MySQL or
MariaDB package built.

Alexander