Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 03:36:21 +0400
From: croco@...nwall.com
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: MySQL w/cmake: anyone tried packaging for Owl?

On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 06:34:02PM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 05:11:19PM +0400, croco@...nwall.com wrote:
>
> > of local directory for packing.  The Makefile which cmake generates, seems
> > to ignore the 'DESTDIR=...' argument completely, and here is where I gave
> > up after a ten or so hopeless attempts to fix something.  Well, I could
>
> I did not test this with MySQL/MariaDB specifically, but in general:
>
> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/desired/target/dir

As far as I understand all the mess, CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX is for specifying
the final target prefix, such as /usr, /usr/local, /opt and the like.
In order to pack the files into an RPM, they shoud be copied into a
directory to which there are relative dirs such as $DIR/usr,
$DIR/usr/bin, $DIR/usr/share, $DIR/etc, ..., where $DIR is something like
/home/joe/.rpm.d/BUILD/mysql-5.5.33, it is the %buildroot in the .spec, and
it is the dir to be specified via DESTDIR= when it comes to 'make install'.

Or am I wrong?

--
Croco