Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 12:18:39 +0400
From: croco@...nwall.com
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Anyone has Owl image for Raspberry Pi?

Colleagues,

despite that ARM is not mentioned at
http://www.openwall.com/Owl/ARCHITECTURES.shtml, I recall someone in the
past reported some experiments with Owl on ARM.  I wonder now whether
anyone tried to bring Owl up on Raspberry Pi.  Actually, what I need is a
(tiny, and definitely console-only) OS for Raspberry Pi being used as a
controlling computer in applications such as smart house, and it seems to
me that Owl is natural choice.

So, if there are any results so far in this area, please point me on them;
if there are none, I'm going to try to build Owl for Raspberry Pi myself,
and in this case I'd be pleased for any tips and advices.  I only would
like to confirm I will not repeat someone else's work doing that.

Please note I've got an image of Debian for Raspberry Pi which is already
up and running; however, I doubt whether it is wise to use the Raspberry Pi
board itself for building a whole distro :) (well, as a last resort I'd do
even that).

Thanks!

--
Croco