Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 11:51:45 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: openvz kernel

On Sat, May 04, 2013 at 03:41:38PM +0200, Zenny wrote:
> In Owl 3.0 there is 2.6.18-348.3.1.el5.028stab106.2 kernel and vzctl
> is 3.0.23. This has some limitations like vswap (--ram and --swap
> parameters) which is not available below 3.0.30
> (http://wiki.openvz.org/Vswap).

Yes, we're definitely not supporting Vswap until after we move to
RHEL6'ish kernels.

> Is it ideal to update to RHEL6 kernels from openvz? If yes, how is
> that accomplished in Owl? Is there a specific way to do so?

I recommend staying with our RHEL5'ish kernels for now, but if you like
to experiment, you may try OpenVZ's RHEL6'ish kernels as well.
Installing them may be a bit tricky because they use initrd in their
builds and we don't - at least you'd need to add mkinitrd first.

Alexander