Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 13:00:26 -0500
From: David Parrish <daveparrish@...il.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Owl2 VirtualBox Guest additions

I'm having some trouble getting VirtualBox Guest Additions installed on an
Owl2 VM.  I have installed the kernel headers and I'm using the VirtualBox
image VBoxGuestAdditions_4.1.22.iso.

Here is my script for installing the additions and the error messages:

vagrant!root:~# mount -o loop VBoxGuestAdditions_$VBOX_VERSION.iso /mnt
vagrant!root:~# sh /mnt/VBoxLinuxAdditions.run
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing VirtualBox 4.1.22 Guest Additions for Linux.........
VirtualBox Guest Additions installer
Removing installed version 4.1.22 of VirtualBox Guest Additions...
modprobe: Can't open dependencies file /lib/modules/2.4.32-ow1/modules.dep
(No such file or directory)
Removing existing VirtualBox DKMS kernel modules ...done.
Removing existing VirtualBox non-DKMS kernel modules ...done.
Building the VirtualBox Guest Additions kernel modules
The headers for the current running kernel were not found. If the following
module compilation fails then this could be the reason.

Not building the VirtualBox advanced graphics driver as this Linux version
is
too old to use it.
Building the main Guest Additions module ...fail!
(Look at /var/log/vboxadd-install.log to find out what went wrong)
Doing non-kernel setup of the Guest Additions ...done.
Installing the Window System drivers ...fail!
(Could not find the X.Org or XFree86 Window System.)
vagrant!root:~# cat /var/log/vboxadd-install.log
/tmp/vbox.0/Makefile.include.header:100: Warning: using /usr/src/linux as
the source directory of your Linux kernel. If this is not correct, specify
KERN_DIR=<directory> and run Make again.
/tmp/vbox.0/Makefile.include.header:126: *** Unable to find the folder to
install the module to.  Stop.
Creating user for the Guest Additions.

Are there any suggestions for installing the Guest Additions on Owl2?

Thanks,
David

Content of type "text/html" skipped