Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 20:41:34 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: VMWare tools

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 08:34:33PM +0400, (GalaxyMaster) wrote:
> [...] I do not recall any issues re: compiling VMware
> modules for our kernels, except it required to specify proper include
> paths for the kernel source in the VMware's Makefile.

Oh, kernel source.  It sounds like Robert needs to extract and configure
a kernel source tree before building VMware modules, then - which makes
sense.  Perhaps follow the kernel build instructions here:

http://openwall.info/wiki/Owl/kernel-build#Non-RPM-ed-kernel-build

up to and including the "make oldconfig" command (the actual kernel
build doesn't need to be performed - we merely need a source tree
configured just like one for our actual kernels).  Robert?

Alexander