Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 10:05:18 +0300
From: "(GalaxyMaster)" <galaxy@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: new to openwall! some migration question

Leonardo,

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 08:18:48PM -0300, Leonardo Lazzaro wrote:
> Anyone migrate from proxmox to openwall?

I never heard of proxmox before, but a quick search reveals that it's a
Linux distro which is focused on providing mail services.  Although,
it's possible to build very complex systems on top of Owl, I thought it
worth to be mentioned that Owl doesn't include the LAMP stack by default
(e.g. there is no MySQL, Apache, or PHP packages in the default package
repository).  However, since we are mostly binary compatible with RHEL
4, CentOS 4, and FC 3 - you can install most of the needed packages from
there, yet you will get the benefit of the secure practises we use in
Owl.

If you decide to migrate and have questions, please post them here and
we will try to help.  However, I'd suggest to post explicit questions
like "how can I Apache on top of Owl?", etc.  This way you will get more

Hope this helps.

--
(GM)