Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 16:21:46 +0400
From: croco@...nwall.com
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: (wrong) getty invocations within an OpenVZ container

Colleagues,

I've just identified the source of disk space shortage on my OpenVZ
containers, and it appeared to be getties being continuously tried to run
on /dev/tty[1-6].  This flooded my /var/log/messages together with
/var/log/wtmp.

So, I've just added the tip to comment them out from container's
/etc/inittab to the instruction on the Openwall Wiki
http://openwall.info/wiki/Owl/usage-examples/OpenVZ/template-creation

Enjoy :-)

--
Croco