Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 18:24:14 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: wiki content

Croco's recent work on wiki content should remind us that all of us
(users of Owl, not only those involved with Openwall) are welcome to
work on wiki content, too, including creation of new pages - on specific
uses of Owl, etc.

For example, there's room for a page on using Owl on a home network
gateway - optional PPP, PPPoE, or PPTP; DHCP client and/or server; maybe
NTP server, maybe caching DNS server, maybe caching web proxy, iptables
including NAT, filtering, maybe transparent proxy; maybe fileserver
(FTP, NFS, SMB) - or should this be several pages?  I'd be fine seeing
all of what I mentioned on a single page under
http://openwall.info/wiki/Owl/usage-examples initially, then some
content may be moved to their own pages.

Obviously, a fileserver that is also a gateway is to contain
unimportant files only, like stuff downloaded from the Internet.
I realize that such "shared" setups are common.

I am aware that Owl is being used like I described above (besides its
other many uses).  It's just that no one wrote a wiki page on this yet.

Alexander