Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 23:04:37 +0400
From: gremlin@...mlin.ru
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Success report using Owl 64-bit + VirtualBox 2.2.0

On 11-Apr-2009 21:10:20 +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:

 > If I may add a very minor suggestion : if in future builds you could
 > create the /us/src/.rpm.d/* directories, it would be even easier to
 > use the live CD to build RPMs. Right now I managed to do that using
 > a few mount --bind tricks. But as you see, this is not a showstopper.

No real need for /usr/src/.rpm.d/{BUILD,ROOT,RPMS,SOURCES,SPECS,SRPMS}
directories. You can keep all this stuff in any other directory - say,
~/RPMbuild/{BUILD,ROOT,RPMS,SOURCES,SPECS,SRPMS} - just telling rpmbuild
where it is:

gremlin@...e:~ > grep top .rpmmacros
%_topdir	/home/gremlin/RPMbuild

--
Alexey V. Vissarionov aka Gremlin from Kremlin
<gremlin ПРИ gremlin ТЧК ru>