Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 07:58:18 +0100 (CET)
From: Bernhard Fischer <bernhard@...chli.org>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Perl modules needed by SpamAssassin

Am Do 15.02.2007 01:36 schrieb Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>:

> On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 08:15:22PM +0300, Andrey V Stolyarov wrote:
> > I'm currently requested to deploy SpamAssassin on one of my
> > customer's Owl installation.  Trying it out-of-the-box I found
> > out that Owl doesn't contain several Perl modules needed by
> > SpamAssassin.
> > My question is, should I now proceed with manual packing of these
> > modules?
>
> Why do you want to have them packaged at all?  This is useful for
> redistribution, but not for local installs.
>
> I suggest that you install them from CPAN, but do it under whatever
> pseudo-user account you allocate for SpamAssassin - that is, don't run
> any of the CPAN code as root.  It's done roughly as follows:

I would totaly agree on Solars approach, to install SpamAssassin under a
local user-account. But nevertheless, I've build some packaged for my
own projects and i would like to share these RPMS.
You'l find them under:

ftp://guest:guest@....fischli.org/pub/Owl/contrib/RPMS/

YAOR - Yet Another Owl Repository!?!
Doesn't really make sense ... so I will disconnect this server sooner or
later. Usefull packages should be contributed on the offical Owl
mirrors.

Greetings
Bernhard