Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 10:15:33 -0600
From: Vincent Danen <vdanen@...sec.ca>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: tcb and friends with shadow-utils 4.0.12

* Vincent Danen <vdanen@...sec.ca> [2006-07-04 15:06:12 -0600]:

Ok, just a bit of a follow-up here for posterity.  Thanks very much
Solar for all the assistance.

crypt_blowfish is now working completely fine.  I did end up using (and
modifying) SUSE's crypt_blowfish patch but after more investigation we
found that BF_FRAME and BF_CLEAN were of an insufficient size for the
newer gcc that Annvix is using so we bumped the values up to 0x400 and
0x500 respectively (from 0x200 and 0x300).  With this change, not only
are we doing things the "correct" way, but my segfaults are gone.

Now things are working completely peachy and I have a few full-tcb
systems running and one that is using a mix of tcb and LDAP and it's
absolutely fantastic.  =)

Now to write to the SUSE glibc maintainer to tell him they've been
borking their implementation for a while.

--
{FEE30AD4 : 7F6C A60C 06C2 4811 FA1C  A2BC 2EBC 5E32 FEE3 0AD4}
mysql> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;