Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 14:29:50 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Owl-20050913

Damir,

This should really be discussed on owl-users.

On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 02:28:05AM +0600, damir bikmuhametov wrote:
> I've just downloaded new ISO from the ftp1.msk.openwall.com and tried to
> boot off it. With no luck.
>
> Previous ISO prompts me for boot CD location (ide-primary-master,
> ide-primary-slave etc) while newer one just starts booting
> ide-secondary-master.
>
> I didn't investigate this issue - just switched my dvd-rom to the
> secondary controller and made it to be a master. Viola! I can boot Owl.

Thank you for the problem report.

I've just tried on two different computers and I can't reproduce this.
The LILO menu is displayed properly.

Can you still reproduce this?  Will LILO prompt appear if you hold Shift
during bootup?

Can anyone else reproduce this problem?

We've changed LILO version between these two ISO snapshots.  Perhaps the
new version is behaving differently in some cases (a bug?)

Thanks again,

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar at openwall.com>
GPG key ID: B35D3598  fp: 6429 0D7E F130 C13E C929  6447 73C3 A290 B35D 3598

Was I helpful?  Please give your feedback here: http://rate.affero.net/solar