Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 01:00:05 +0100
From: Krzysztof Śniadoch <krzysiek@...urenet.pl>
To: owl <owl-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Owl-current moved to glibc 2.3.x

W liście z czw, 13-01-2005, godz. 20:52, Solar Designer pisze:

> > BTY, after upgrade cannot assemble qmail. Previously, before upgrade, make passed fine, but now i receive an error, which couldn't determine (have no experiense in C coding)
>
> As Steve has correctly suspected, this is the well-known qmail errno
> problem on newer glibc.  You have to replace the "extern int errno;"
> with "#include <errno.h>", then qmail builds.

Speaking about qmail, if someone would like to install, configure and
manage qmail in fast (simply don't have time for spending long time with
mail server) and probably easiest way on the whole universe ;-) should
see the velox project:
http://www.securenet.pl/our_stuff/velox-2.0.tar.gz
On Openwall I'am using only STANDARD mode of velox (choosen during
installation) and all works well ;-]. ENHANCED mode (qmail + antispam+
antivirus protection) won't work on OWL yet, but I'am working on it.
Here you have a few words about this project from the web:

"Velox is a complete mail server based on the strength of qmail and
vpopmail applications. It's own easy to use and fast text based
interface allows you to modify a lot of options without neccesity of
editing configuration files or even typing commands. Velox is a good
choice if you need a fast and secure linux based mail server. In latest
version (v2.0) Velox is enhanced by antivirus and antispam protection."

P.S: I've written above that on my OWL, Velox works well and that's
true, but during installation I had to solve small problem with default
domain. The quick solution of this is described in README ;-) However
this is strange problem, because it's not appeared in slackware and
aurox distroos which I've used for testing and writing this software ...